By: Nanju Francisco
If you think that the year 2020 was the worst year ever for you and the rest of the world due to the Covid 19 pandemic and other discouraging world events and because of it, you now have doubts about what 2021 has in store for you, don’t despair.
The good news is, despite the troubles we experienced last year, YOU can still make 2021 your best year yet! This may seem incredible or even “too far-fetched” for you but the truth of the matter is, this can be a “reality” if only you will go out your way and swear that you will do your best to achieve this goal.
You don’t need a “magic wand” or have a Genie in the bottle at your beck and call to get the best of 2021. All it takes is having the “will” and “sincerity” to get what you wished for and couple it with hard work, faith in yourself and in God and voila! Things will be much better than what you expected or ever imagined.
Below are simple ways to make 2021 your best year yet:
- THINK POSITIVE. Whatever you wished for at the start of this New Year, if you think positive and believe with your whole heart that you will get it, chances are, you will! This simple philosophy has been proven time and again and this is the secret of successful men and women. They always look for the best side of everything and never gave in to negative thoughts. They evaluate whatever is at hand, and although there are times when things do not seem favorable at the moment, still they believe that things would work out for the best. This positive attitude would somehow would change the course of events and in the end, all things will work out fine. That’s what positive thinking can do for you if only you believe that you have the power to change your situation in life.
- ACT ON YOUR GOAL AND WORK HARD TO ACHIEVE IT. No amount of positive thinking can do you wonders if all you do is talk and do nothing. People who do not want to work hard are normally disappointed in life because they don’t get what they want while others do. If you really want to make 2021 your year, you need to evaluate what happened to you last year and what went wrong so you will find out why you did not succeed in your endeavors. After that, you can start making plans, outlining your new strategy on how to make things work for you than against you this year. Implement your plans whatever sacrifices it may entail and you will see the “wonderful fruits” of your hard work later on.
- IMPROVE YOURSELF AND UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS. If you need to go back to school or attend seminars or trainings to improve your present skills and give you that competitive edge over others, then do so. Don’t worry about the money you will spend to upgrade your skills and gain more knowledge. What you will gain later on will be more rewarding than the amount of money you will spend to attend that seminar or training. Besides, this will give you more confidence in your work and therefore, achieve more than what you expected of yourself.
- DON’T FORGET YOUR CONTACTS AND ALSO TO MAKE NEW ONES. People are your “best assets” whatever your career or status in life. They can help you go up towards the ladder of success or pull you down the moment they think you are getting on their way. If you are planning to switch to another job or career, your old contacts can prove to be very valuable. They may know some job openings and can refer you because they already know and are aware of what you are capable of doing. Call them once in a while, not only when you are in need of a new job and make them feel that you “appreciate” having them in your life and that you value their friendship. Along with this, establishing new contacts can be very helpful to you for your future job or career requirements.
- HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF. If you have no faith in yourself, why should other people do so? Self-confidence is the key to reaching great heights and accomplishments in life. If you believe that you can succeed in whatever you do in 2021 then you will! Believe in yourself and your talents. Don’t listen to people who try to put you down or discourage you because they might actually be “jealous” of you and would not want you to succeed in your project. The trick here is believe in your talents and ability to succeed and do what you have to do. No one will give you the support you need but yourself. Even if others put you down, you still have someone to back you up—YOU!
- ABOVE ALL, HAVE FAITH IN GOD. The Bible says, “Nothing is impossible with God.” (Luke 1:37). Even if you feel intimidated by the New Year, if you work hard and do all the things mentioned above and at the same time (and more importantly) put your trust in God, chances are, you will fare better this year, far better than last year. Remember, faith can move mountains and God will make 2021 a better year for you -- if you believe it with your whole heart, act and do the best you can!