05 Feb, 2020
About the Company
Melodica Music and Dance Institute is Dubai's top rated training center in 2017 and 2018. We specialize in teaching music and dance classes to children, adults, teachers and professionals. We are proud to deliver high quality music and dance classes with our top music and dance instructors from different nationalities in the world. Being a leading institute for music and dance classes in Dubai, we are registered with major exam boards ABRSM, TRINITY and RAD Ballet.
For further information, please have a look at our website: www.melodica.ae
We are currently seeking experienced and energetic Karate Teacher to join our growing operations.
The successful candidate will:
· Plan and prepare lessons (lesson plans) in relation to students’ needs and examination syllabus (if applicable).
· Ensure current examination syllabi are being taught in their entirety. Keep up-to-date with changes.
· Ensure understanding and compliance with all exam syllabi (if applicable).
· Identify students’ needs and set short and long term goals to students. Motivate and encourage students to achieve their goals.
· Teach dance techniques and choreography to students. Communicate concepts and instructions clearly.
· Use a variety of teaching strategies, methods, tools and approaches and tailor to student’s different learning needs, learning styles and preferences.
· Demonstrate high standards of teaching thereby impacting on the learning and achievement of students and, as such, be a positive role model to students.
· Create and maintain a studio environment where students are eager to attend lessons and practice. Motivate students and encourage progress. Classes should be motivational.
· Follow studio rules and maintain class control and safety when dealing with young students whilst maintaining a happy and fun environment.
· Ensure up-to-date knowledge of and awareness of international examination board requirements (if applicable).
· Attend and actively participate in all internally or externally-provided training courses, workshops and meetings as required.
· Continuously update professional knowledge and expertise, as appropriate, and keep up-to-date with developments in teaching practice and teaching methodology specifically in dance.
· Actively participate and assist in all school events including meetings, parent’s evenings, information days, concerts, recitals, workshops, school productions, public performances, school promotional events, competitions, mock examinations, etc.
· Actively participate in all internal school events including teachers’ performance demonstrations, teacher concerts or any other event.
· Act as a communication channel between students, parents of students and management
· Minimum Bachelors degree in Dance, Applied Dance, Performing Arts or similar qualification.
· Teacher training or teaching certification is an advantage.
· Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a similar teaching role. Must have experience teaching young students.
· Ability to integrate formative assessment methods in teaching and learning to provide students with feedback and support progress towards learning goals.
· Demonstrate excellent artistry as a teacher and performer.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse community
· Demonstrate patience and a passion for and experience in teaching all age groups and levels.
· Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
· Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
· Flexibility and creativity to adapt to curriculum goals and ability to work collaboratively.
· Be physically fit.
· Ability to work during working hours as well as additional hours for planning meetings, professional development, scheduled concerts or examinations.
· Fluent English language ability both spoken and written.
· Intermediate I.T. skills including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint.
· Professional and smart appearance at all times.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please apply through this website or send your CV to yourcareer(at)melodica(.)ae (along with your performance video or any other you tube link if it is available )
Only qualified candidates will be contacted by the HR Department for a pre-screening telephone conversation.
Dubai - United Arab Emirates