VINIRMA Consulting is currently looking for Business Analyst for one of its clients which is a Business Consulting, IT Solutions and Services company in Qatar with the following terms and conditions.
The business analyst’s primary objective is helping businesses implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
The Business Analyst will act as the vital link between the Bank's information technology capabilities and our business objectives, contributing to the successful completion of strategic initiatives and thereby profitability of the Bank. We achieve goals through projects that translate customer needs into new products, services, and profits and a business analyst should be able to make it happen more efficiently and effectively.
Competencies, Knowledge and Experience
- University graduate with a degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or similar. A good working knowledge about banking regulations, financial statements, taxes, and financial planning is an added advantage
- 5-7 years of experience – specialized working knowledge of the Retail, wholesale and international banking units.
- Seven to 10 years of experience in the BFS domain predominately supporting IT projects, business analysis or business strategic planning.
- Sound knowledge of the Banking domain including Retail, International, Wholesale & Treasury products
- Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills who can apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving
2. Technical Competencies:
- CBAP™ certification
- Best practice frameworks ITIL, TOGAF, PRINCE2 etc.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Business case development
- Modeling techniques and methods
- Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements
- Prioritize requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups
- Banking applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred)
- Familiar with specific accounting and other financial software as well as Microsoft Office applications, such as PowerPoint to make necessary presentations
3. Behavioral Competencies:
- Talent Focus
- Adherence to process, system and schedule
- Feedback, motivating, mentoring and coaching
- Communication skills
- Fostering Team work
- Managing Change
- Influencing others
- Customer Orientation
- Building collaborative relationship
- Analytical thinking
- Fostering Innovation
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer Orientation
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the Head of PMO and contribute towards the implementation of strategy, annual business plans, policies and procedures of the department, to support divisional and organizational business strategy.
- Take decisions with the full knowledge of all the relevant business, economic, political, and competitive environment.
- Ensure that the Bank is moving forward with stretched objectives in regards to project activities.
- Align functional activities and initiatives with the objectives and mission of the Bank.
- Understanding, advocating and supporting the enterprise's business and IT strategies.
- Setting the performance metrics of the Enterprise Architecture function.
- Consulting with business unit management, from an IT perspective, to help identify and improve business system needs
- Define business needs and translate them into business analysis and requirements specifications. • Develop good relationships with vendor to support business.
- Act as a liaison between technical IT staff and business users
- Provide daily support of existing systems, and provide troubleshooting as requested.
- Collaborate with other internal IT groups, both local and international, to deliver technical solutions to the clients, and to resolve their business challenges using IT systems and functions. Develop a partnership with local and international business users and create a positive relationship to clearly understand business processes, short and long-term business objectives, and functional goals.
- Define and document business, functional and technical specifications for software based solutions.
- Verify that requirements are testable and generate testing objectives.
- Prepare business proposals for software development projects for eventual presentation to senior management.
- Evaluate alternative solutions via RFP and vendor documents.
- Interpret end user requirements; design, develop and implement applications to meet business needs while adhering to development standards.
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures across the group various business and support functions.
- As a team member of the PMO Team work co-operatively with others on a team.
- Provide recommendations for the Section Head of Enterprise Architecture and PMO.
- Nominate for training as per Doha Banks’s guidelines, conduct performance reviews and manage leave and overtime to ensure efficiency.
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: Immediate (Maximum 1 month)
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at firstname.lastname@example.org