Walk in Interview for Male Procurement & Supply Chain Officer with Driver's Licence and Own Car on Monday, February 24 and Wednesday, February 26 from 9AM to 12:30PM.
Location: Unit 1506, Mazaya Business Avenue Tower AA1, Dubai – UAE
About the Company
Melodica Music and Dance Institute is one of Dubai’s leading training centres, established and registered under the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) specialising in Music and Dance classes for all age groups. Having already experienced significant growth over the last couple of years, Melodica currently operates across six locations in Dubai with further ambitious expansion plans in the pipeline for 2020.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an ambitious and energetic Procurement and Supply Chain Manager to execute effective and efficient procurement and supply chain services to maximize efficiency and productivity.
The successful candidate will undertake the following (included but not limited to):
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
- Ensure effective lines of communication with the Sr. Management to ensure priority requirements, timely delivery of goods, works and services using the most appropriate procurement procedures.
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardising quality and service delivery.
- Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors that facilitate smooth flow of services to Melodica.
- Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment.
- Implement strategic procurement including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurement.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and Local Purchase Orders as required.
- Ensure regular submission of procurement activity reports, logistics and assets reports to Sr. Management.
Contracts Administration and Management
- Provide oversight over various contract management processes and ensure transparency negotiate contract terms.
- Monitor and analyse contract performance against agreed benchmarks.
- Negotiate, within the terms and conditions of the contract, solutions to conflicts/problems arising in case of poor performance or non-compliance with contractual obligations and convene meetings with vendors/suppliers to allow ample opportunity for the identification and early resolution of potential disputes.
Logistics and Asset Management
- Take full responsibility for assets and inventory management of all expendable and non-expendable items.
- Initiate assets tagging, verification, maintenance, monitoring and write-off/disposal as may be appropriate in compliance with established rules and procedures.
- Monitor life-cycle/shelf-life of assets and equipment. Conduct stock count and reconcile monthly.
- Ensure all stores and equipment are stored safely, correctly and securely.
- Monitor to ensure there is no waste, fraud or misuse of equipment or materials and that surplus or excessive stocks of equipment are not being held.
- Monitor, track and record all inventory movement within the Melodica branches. Ensure the availability of required stock for each branch.
- Liaise with Sr. Management on all logistics issues when applicable.
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience and competencies:
- BSc/BA in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Finance or a relevant field
- Proven working experience as a Supply Chain Coordinator, Procurement Coordinator, Analyst or Logistics Coordinator
- Proficient understand of all levels of the supply chain processes (e.g. inventory planning, warehouse management)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases and ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Proven experience in data mining, analysis, and reporting
- Analytical mindset coupled with a strong business acumen
- Aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Proficiency in English - high-level communication and negotiation skills