Duties and responsibilities:
- Examination of the health status of birds & conducting a post-mortem of birds as per requirement
- Supervision & preparation of rearing farm for day-old chicks arrival, Day old chicks management, blood collection, health status & transfer of birds.
- Supervision & preparation of production farm for pullets arrival, layer management, blood collection, health status & retrieval of birds from Rearing farm.
- Sample collection (feed, blood, swab etc) as necessary to the laboratory and follow up its examination
- Examine the chicken and eggs produced daily and ensure their quality and safety, and record the results of the examination
- Ensure that occupational safety and health measures are implemented by him and by the staff working in the department
- Provide guidance periodically to staff working in the department and provide assistance when needed and motivate them to complete the work
- Preparation of flock records
- Preparation & follow up the vaccine order with timely availability of the vaccine in coordination with Operations Manager
- Preparation of feed order
- Observe vaccinations in rearing & production farm
- Preparation of periodic reports (mortality, egg production, etc)
- Preparation of labor work plan
- Perform lab activities as per the requirement
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- 5 years + proven work experience within the poultry industry.
- Computer literate.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation related to the farms operations.
- Business skills including managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers.