About the Company
Melodica Music and Dance Institute is one of Dubai’s leading training centres, established and registered under the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) specialising in Music and Dance classes for all age groups. Having already experienced significant growth over the last couple of years, Melodica currently operates across six locations in Dubai with further ambitious expansion plans in the pipeline for 2020.
About the Role
We are currently seeking experienced, energetic and team-oriented Violin Teachers to join our growing operations:
The successful candidate will undertake the following (included but not limited to):
- Ensure the effective teaching of Music to enable students to develop their skills and knowledge, act as a professional role model to students and parents of students and contribute to the development of Melodica.
- Plan and prepare lessons (lesson plans) in relation to individual students’ needs and examination syllabus.
- Teach music theory, aural skills, sight reading and practical techniques to students. Communicate musical concepts and instructions clearly.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies, methods, tools and approaches and tailor to student’s different learning needs, learning styles and preferences.
- Demonstrate high standards of teaching thereby impacting on the learning and achievement of students and, as such, be a positive role model to students.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment where students are eager to attend lessons and practice. Motivate students and encourage progress.
- Build powerful, positive and trust-based relationships with students and parents of students from all backgrounds.
- Continuously assess student’s ability and provide feedback on progress to students and parents of students. Be available to discuss concerns and achievements.
- Continuously update professional knowledge and expertise, as appropriate, and keep up-to-date with developments in teaching practice and teaching methodology specifically in music.
- Contribute to a culture of team work that is conducive to learning and development, friendly, open to critical feedback and sharing of information.
- Actively participate in all school events including meetings, parent’s evenings, information days, concerts, recitals, workshops, school productions, school promotional events, competitions, mock examinations, etc.
- Actively participate in all internal school events including teachers band, teacher’s orchestra, teacher’s symphony, teacher’s ensemble, teacher’s performance demonstrations, teacher concerts or any other musical event.
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience and competencies:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in music or music education
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a similar teaching role
- Must be able to teach minimum grade five (5) ABRSM Music Theory
- Vocal teachers must be able to teach Piano at grade three (3) ABRSM and above
- Fluent English language ability both spoken and written
- Teachers who can also teach piano or another musical instrument, at a beginner level, will be given preference
- Demonstrate excellent musicianship and artistry as a teacher and performer
- Demonstrate passion for and experience in teaching young beginners and adults
- Flexibility and creativity to adapt to curriculum goals and ability to work collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse community
- Ability to work during working hours as well as additional hours for planning meetings, professional development, scheduled concerts or examinations
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Intermediate I.T. skills including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint
Salary and Benefit Details
- Competitive tax free salary – basic + commission (based on individual performance)
- Performance Bonus
- Limited Contract with Dubai residence visa
- Annual leave during the summer
- Unpaid leave during the winter (at discretion of Management)
- Local medical insurance
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please apply through this website or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted by the HR Department for a pre-screening telephone conversation.
If you are not contacted by Melodica, your application has unfortunately not been successful.