Nair Systems is currently looking for Oracle and MIS Systems Support Analysts for our Qatar operations with the following skill set and terms & conditions.
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- University graduate with a technical specialization. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is advantageous. MBA or equivalent is a plus.
- About 7-9 years of related experience of which a minimum of 2-3 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry entailing responsibilities of management of Network and Communications Infrastructure.
- Thorough knowledge at expert level of LAN technologies (switches, routers, wireless and firewalls) including centralized monitoring and management in large-scale, high-availability environments.
- Advanced knowledge of large scale LAN/WAN switching and routing implementation and operation with specific knowledge of VLAN, VPN and MPLS networking.
- Knowledge of QoS and LAN traffic management techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of IT infrastructure, TCP/IP, networking and information system security principles, practices and technologies; Understanding of IT infrastructure and systems in the Banking and Financial Sector.
- Understanding of core Internet routing protocols and services.
- Knowledge of network security, intrusion detection systems and intrusion prevention system technology.
- Project Management skills such as planning, scheduling, risk management etc.
- Understanding of ITIL standards and associated change management disciplines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Banking Applications and Technology requirements
- Knowledge of Banking Industry fundamentals
- Advanced Level knowledge of IT security compliance
- Fundamentals of general compliance in the Banking and Financial Sector
- Industry standard network and communications certifications such as CCNA/CCNP would be preferable
- IT Service Management certifications such as ITIL would be desirable
- Project Management certifications such as PRINCE2 would be desirable
- The incumbent shall be charged with ensuring business continuity through delivery of quality 24x7 support and services. The Team Leader – IT Operations role is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s production system and services. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly:
- The I.T. Operations & Support services is responsible for managing the Bank’s I.T. production, DR site (QDC5), (QDC4) and DB tower Data Center.
- Offsite/Onsite & off country Media tape Handling
- Facilities Management-Data Centers.
- Ensure smooth Daily, Monthly and Yearly Activity EOD executions by IT operations team, timely completion supporting Bank Business related services, e-channels, QCB and management financial reporting in time. The incumbent shall also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues with the first level support of critical services, as per agreed performance standards.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Section Head IT Infrastructure in preparing and implementing annual work and resource plans; assess their applicability and alignment with the overall IT strategy; recognize and actively seek ways to exploit IT to address complex business, organizational and technical issues.
- Ensure alignment of the DB IT team’s tasks, objective and activities with the goals and objectives of Support and Operations
- Managing of new data center with infrastructure team in line with ITD and business expansion plans as and when asked by senior management. (Supporting in evaluating of Facilities procurement related to ITD Data Center-UPS, Generator, Fire System, Door access system etc.)
- Supporting backup infrastructure, upgrade, planning, evaluation, site preparation, implementation, in line with ISO standards meeting the audit compliance guidelines and IT Industry standards.
- Managing internal / external audits/ITGRC
- Compliance of various operational policies and procedures framework.
- Job assignment, assess & evaluate OPS team in line with staff skills and knowledge
- Attending daily/weekly team lead meeting to review day to day huddles for improvement.
- Supporting ISO Re-certification, audit reviews of policies & procedures implemented in the unit and future upgrade requirements.
- Power capacity planning and space allocation managements in the data centers meeting future ITD expansion plans.
- Assists the Head of I.T. in the development & implementation of Policies & Procedures for day-to-day running of the IT-Operations of various systems/application in three Data Centers
- Ensure physical security, environmental up keeping of Data Centers (Evaluates new facilities requirement in line with addition of various systems/services supporting business needs/demands.
- Provides timely support to existing applications used in banking operations (Core banking, MIS & Finance, ATM (local & overseas), SWIFT, e-remittance, SMS, Telebanking, ECC, BO, CTL, Visa, Master, e-channels etc.) involving the support teams to minimize the down time.
- Monitors ‘End of Day’ operational targets and ensures daily system backups in the Head Office (centralized)
- Overseas ATM commissioning, maintenance and operational activities
- Overseas Centrally controlled daily/monthly/yearly back-up in the Head Office.
- MIS reporting & related activities thru File Transport Protocols (FTP) / SFTP
- Generating & timely submission of monthly customer’s statement of Account local/international branches)
- Monitoring door access system working and maintained/physical access logs
- Ensures that standby generators, UPS for Data Center are working properly and well maintained. (Ensure timely PM, vendor evaluations)
- Ensures Fire Alarm system is working properly and attending preventive maintenance, fire drills (as fire marshal) and civil defense inspections.
- Ensure physical security of Production environments/Data Centers
- Keep vigilance on year on year consumption growth, evaluate the risk involved and plan due expansion in line with ITD approval process.
- Assists in the carrying-out disaster recovery programs/plans
- Liaison with IT vendors and suppliers and handles critical issues in consultation with the Head of I.T.
- Liaison with Qatar Central Bank on issues relating to ATM, e-services enhancements, implementation of new releases impacting service interruptions etc.
- Supporting in Implementation of ISO/ IEC 20000-1-2011
- Any other ad-hoc assignment
- Attending monthly management evening presentation sessions. Set goals and objectives for the IT systems, applications and centric customer services in alignment with the IT users & customer demands.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal stakeholders in Bank to facilitate functional operational needs.
- Maintain highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in the provision of services in the function.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information
- Supervise direct reports in their day-to-day tasks and guide them in managing their performance by providing appropriate feedback and counseling.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews for own team and take corrective action if and when required.
Terms and conditions
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 month)
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at email@example.com