Nair Systems is currently looking for Technical Support - Core banking & LOS for our Qatar operations with the following skill set and terms & conditions.
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in business management, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or a related field of study
- ITIL Certified preferred
- 5-7 years of extensive BFSI experience in managing IT program/projects in global financial institutions.
- Project delivery experience, knowledge and problem solving skills in complex projects like – Digital Transformation, Infrastructure Transformation, Business Process Reengineering, Contact Centre upgrade, CRM, Enterprise Data Warehousing, etc.to anticipate, identify and manage risks in project delivery.
- Proven track record of pragmatic and robust delivery of complex and detail-oriented initiatives.
- Evidence of taking a personal level of ownership that has seen you overstepping the mark in resolving issues and supporting client’s others in solving their issues.
- Evidence of a well-developed ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats at all levels within client organizations.
- Evidence of comfort with technology concepts and solutions across the spectrum of delivery.
- Demonstrable experience delivering projects end to end, e.g. from Inception to BAU handover.
- Demonstrated track record of leading high-performance teams toward the successful attainment of challenging goals
- Adherence to process, system and schedule
- Feedback, motivating, mentoring and coaching
- Communication skills
- Fostering Team work
- Managing Change
- Analytical thinking
- Fostering Innovation
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer Orientation
- Working knowledge of popular EPM tool, with extensive knowledge in MPP
- Knowledge of ISO Standards and Best practice frameworks ITIL, etc.
- Banking and Finance applications
- Retail and Wholesale banking operations
- FX Products & Operations
- Money Markets Operations
- Treasury & Investment Products Operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred)
- The technical support lead represents the Bank’s IT department and is responsible for understanding and agreeing project objectives and organization interests.
- The technical support lead of core banking will have responsibilities of analyzing the existing core-banking functionality, troubleshoot application issues, facilitate system change requests, and provide end-to-end technical support to the business users, and handle necessary external stakeholder coordination, within the established service level agreements.
- May also be required to liaise with project specialists and sub-contractors and monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- Accelerate the delivery and time to market of new products/projects for the Bank through rigorous project management skills.
- Ensure any introduced change (through a project) is future-proofed to meet the vision of the organization, is prioritized and guide the business users through the Change process.
- To have a good understanding of banking organization and be able to suggest long term and short term solutions.
- To be responsible for defining/adhering to project budgets and ensuring that they are well managed for the accountable budget holder.
- To ensure project are managed in accordance with the project management methodology including document templates, identifying project phases, reporting and planning information for successful project delivery.
Key responsibilities will be to establish and maintain the integrity of products using configuration identification, configuration control, and configuration status accounting and configuration audits of the core banking application
- Conduct data gathering and analysis to understand business requirements raised by the respective stakeholders.
- Translate and document business requirements into technical / functional specifications, in line with the business processes. Ensure due identification, and resolution of gaps in the functional specifications/ functional architecture.
- Develop system test cases and validate test results during testing.
- Guide and help the end users/business owners to develop test case scenarios.
- Help in trouble shooting and diagnosing issues, as and when required.
- Document version control information for the new function releases/ interface specifications/system modifications.
- Provide technical support, training assistance and information to users on applicable core banking functionalities.
- Provide 1st level assistance in troubleshooting application issues.
- Evaluate system change requests, and support in coordination efforts with the core banking vendor for necessary developments/estimations for change requests, in line with the established service level agreements.
- Analyze existing core-banking functionality, ensuring prompt identification of defects within the established service level agreements.
- Support in coordination efforts with other third party applications interfacing with CBS
- Maintain highest standards of confidentiality, professional conduct, ethics and integrity in the provision of services in the unit.
- Follow the audit, compliance and procedural control measures set by the management.
Area of Focus
Identifying selected work products that compose baselines at given points in time
- Identify Configuration Items
- Select configuration items and work products that compose them based on documented criteria.
- Assign unique identifiers to configuration items.
- Specify the important characteristics of each configuration item.
- Specify when each configuration item is placed under configuration management.
- Specify relationships among configuration items.
Controlling changes to configuration items
- Track Change Requests
- Store and retrieve configuration items in a configuration management system.
- Store, update, and retrieve configuration management records.
- Create or release baselines only from configuration items in the configuration management system.
- Document the set of configuration items contained in a baseline
Building or providing specifications to build work products from the core banking system
- Create or Release Baselines.
- Document the set of configuration items that are contained in a baseline.
Maintaining the integrity of baselines
- Establish Configuration Management Records.
- Revision history of configuration items
- Change request records
- Status of configuration items
- Differences between baselines
- Perform Configuration Audits
Providing accurate status and current configuration data to end users
- Assess the integrity of baselines.
- Confirm that configuration management records correctly identify configuration items.
- Confirm the completeness, and correctness, and consistency of items in the configuration management system.
- Managing People in Projects by providing a focused, rational method for improving the performance of project members
- Getting people to perform on projects, even if they don't report to project manager
- Analyzing project team performance in projects and revisiting the engagement approach
- Identifying factors that block the success of projects
- Provide guidance and coaching to the project team and motivate them to achieve project objectives.
Terms and conditions
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 month)
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at firstname.lastname@example.org