Nair Systems is currently looking for Enterprise Applications Architect for our Qatar operations with the following terms & conditions.
- University graduate (Computer Science or related degree) with at least 4 years experience in financial services with a specialization in enterprise architecture, systems design and management.
- Specific courses in IT security and Enterprise Architecture.
- Self-driven with well-developed motivational and team-building skills.
- Strong experience in Architectural design; especially SOA and TOGAF.
- Strong programming skills in development tools and languages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferable).
- Effective leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Operating Environment/ Location:
- The referenced position will be based in Qatar and will involve liaison with the support functions at HO.
Framework and Boundaries:
- Group’s overall strategic plan.
- Budgetary/ scorecard targets.
- Applicable policies and procedures.
- Relevant regulatory pronouncements of the applicable local and international regulators and related best practices.
- Delegated and re-delegated authorities as per the delegation of authorities’ structure.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Business departments within the Group are responsible to provide service requirements via the standard mechanisms, all such issues are managed by the Head of IT Strategy & Governance.
- Divisional and departmental heads of concerned business units, units providing support operations and all other related divisional/ departmental heads.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions:
A. Shareholder & Financial:
- Provide the comprehensive and cost effective solutions to internal and external applications.
- Coordinate with the Head of Enterprise Architecture to provide architectural recommendations that fall inline with the Group’s overall strategy and vision.
- Coordinate with other heads on suggested changes that would impact their systems.
B. Customer (Internal & External):
- Meet with internal managers and project owners to understand and document their requirements prior to providing suitable solutions.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments, units and vendors to achieve the Group’s goals/ objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
C. Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Develop and deliver against the organization’s strategy and successfully implement Enterprise Architecture through active engagement delivery and investment programs.
- Use industry standard architecture methodologies such as TOGAF to successfully implement and grow the Enterprise Architecture of the bank.
- Develop and maintain the logical Enterprise Information Architecture that enables seamless information interoperability of all banking systems from transaction systems, document management systems and information delivery systems.
- Design and Build a Service Oriented Architecture Integration layer to ensure smooth and seamless propagation of data between systems and subsystems.
- Cover all internal systems as well as their dependence on multiple vendor products and services.
- Propose new enterprise standards based on business need, IT need and technology advances. Assist project teams to implement the standards into business applications.
- Employee and enforce IT industry standards such as ITIL.
- Performs architecture reviews with application development teams and infrastructure, Internal Risk management (IRM) and audit teams to ensure adherence to standards, information risk management policies, re-use of components and reduced functional redundancy
- Research, design, document, build, and pilot prioritized topics within the enterprise.
- Lead key enterprise architectural design solutions/projects that are scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with changing business needs.
- Work closely with Solution team, Infrastructure, and project teams to understand their needs and ensure the best enterprise standard is implemented.
- Participate in thought leadership initiatives and represent the Bank at industry events where required.
- Identify gaps in the Corporate Information/Data Model and address them actively in collaboration with the business support teams.
- Maintains a technology watch to identify emerging technologies that are relevant to the line of business. Builds awareness of key emerging technologies and promotes to the business in order to address their issues.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to existing standards and policies in regards to IT security, internet and VPN security, and BCP and disaster recovery.
- Carry out requirements as directly assigned by the Head of IT Strategy & Governance and in accordance with the overall business plan.
- Understand user requirements and existing systems in order to provide the proper solutions by enhancing the existing systems or providing new systems.
- Strong knowledge of systems architecture and limitations in deciding on methods of problem solving which may impact overall resource availability and time to deliver changes. Perform careful analysis to ensure changes are in congruence with the Group’s long term planning and approved strategy.
- Initiate regular meetings which aim to add value by discussing progress, problems, and any other issues of concern.
- Identify areas for professional development of self and direct reports and act to enhance professional development of self and others.
- Ensure high standards and security of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
Terms and conditions
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 month)
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at firstname.lastname@example.org