Nair Systems, DIFC is currently looking for Senior IT Portfolio Governance Specialist for our UAE operations with the following terms & conditions.
• Align projects with organizational strategies by selecting the right programs or projects, prioritizing the work and providing the needed resources.
• Ensure balance between conflicting demands between programs and projects.
• Optimize allocation of resources based on organizational priorities and capacity to achieve
• Lead in execution of Budgeting process for projects annually and as and when required.
• Drive proactive, continuous improvements and execution of portfolio management best practices in the PMO in order to operate strategies and procedure are being applied as planned.
• Define and standardize portfolio management methodology, processes, documentation and the tools and techniques to be applied.
• Establish/ Improve and enforce Portfolio Management processes, practices and control required to ensure consistent application of the processes, documentation and reporting.
Key Accountabilities of the role
Portfolio Strategic Alignment
• Ensure that appropriate and procedures are in place, understood and followed to support the alignment of projects with goals and objective
• Ensure that the selected projects are fit and aligned with the organization and division strategic goals and objectives.
• Rationalize the proposals “Business Cases” to maximize the portfolio value.
• Work closely with IT Management and continuously communicate with stakeholders to achieve the alignment of the proposed projects with IT Strategic Goals and Objectives
Portfolio Governance Framework
• Develop an appropriate Governance framework that leads to the construction of a balance and value-driver project portfolio
• Develop appropriate procedures to prioritization of projects, management of the portfolio risk and optimization of the expected value, taking into account the dependencies and resources requirement.
• Discuss and design the reporting process (content & context)
• Maintain up-to date records and history to enable timely decision making of authorizing or terminating projects.
• Communicate with relevant stakeholders to get feedback for continuous improvement
Annual Portfolio Establishment
• Define the template, tools, criteria and metrics that will drive the efforts of filtering, classifying, prioritizing terminating proposed projects.
• Ensure that effective communication and engagement exists between relevant stakeholders regarding shared strategic initiatives and performance
• Coordinate the efforts of reviewing projects proposal and filter the ones that qualify for further analysis.
• Establishing communication channels with relevant stakeholders throughout the annual budgeting period to reach to finally reach to an optimum portfolio as per the agreed guidelines
• Identify and monitor the interdependencies of projects and their impact on value delivery risk
• Maintain an up-to-date Resource Capacity across ITD. Classify resources into Roles (or Skill Sets). Continuously communicate with different parties (Leaders/ Managers) to maintain the resources records up-to-date
• Ensure Project Managers build and maintain a Resource Plan for their assigned projects with enough details that is an input to the analysis and as a basis for the decision making while planning and constructing portfolio
• Undertake gap abalysis to determine shortfalls and bottlenecks against requirement to ensure that the IT resources are able to meet the demand as per the project timelines
• Ensure that sourcing strategies are based on the effective use of existing resources and the identification of those that need to be required.
Project Management Office
• Help the PMO Head in establishing and maintaining the PMO office for IT Projects with alignment to best practice of bank’s business objective
• Standardize and introduce economies of repetition in the execution of projects and programs
• Contribute to long and short term PMO plans that are consistent with the needs and priorities of the business.
• Define and setup the portfolio management’s methodology, PMO policies and procedure and tools
• Conduct Gap Analysis annually and refine the existing PMO process
• Define performance metrics in order to monitor the status of the portfolio
• Report relevant portfolio performance to relevant stakeholders in an appropriate, timely and accurate manner
• Develop Reports and Dashboards to assist the effective monitoring of the portfolio performance
• Continuous monitor the portfolio constraints and recommended actions to maintain its balance and effectiveness
• Conduct portfolio review meetings with IT management and communicate with relevant stakeholders to discuss the portfolio performance and recommend actions for improvement
• Propose process improvements based in the lesson-learned from executed projects
Terms and conditions
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 month)
The selected candidates shall join Nair Systems - UAE and shall be deputed to one of the leading banks in UAE.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at firstname.lastname@example.org